Welcome. This is the personal blog of Cane Prevost. The blog will be my place on the web to write down my thoughts on teaching and learning the art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
Who am I?
I’m a high school teacher, father, and BJJ coach. I live in Portland Oregon and train at Straight Blast Gym.
What’s this blog for?
This blog will be my place on the web to talk about my experiences in coaching BJJ. I’ll post my new experiences and lessons learned as I continue to evolve as both coach and student. Essentially this will be my training and coaching diary. I plan to blog my way through our entire 20 week BJJ curriculum.
- Standing Guard Passing- The 3 Rules
- Evaluate a gym in 5 minutes or less.
- The Race Paradox
- Half Guard Bottom "A" Game
- How to be a great mediocre BJJ student
- Simple things you can do to improve your Jiu Jitsu game
- North South Bottom- Posture Pressure Escapes
- Back Attacks- Defending the Slump Posture
- Class 12/08/2011- Half Guard Top, the three spots on the map analogy
- Performance Objective Coaching
- Mount Bottom- The 2 postures, 2 frames, 2 pressures, and 2 frame locations
- Class 09/12/2011- North South Bottom
- Class 07/11/2011-Cross Sides Top,shoulder of justice, coffin hand, prybar
- Standing in Closed Guard